[Seqan-dev] Problem with cmake


Dear Seqan Members,

I’ve attached a series of screen shots to show you how I have set up the directories which should be OK?

I’m following the ‘Getting Started Tutorial’ and going fine up until creating the my_sandbox. However, I’m stuck on how to re-run the cmake program to update the relevant files?

Whenever you add a new application, a demo or a test or whenever you make changes toCMakeLists.txt you need to call CMake again. Since CMake remembers the settings you chose the first time you called CMake in a file named CMakeCache.txt, all you have to do is to switch to your debug or release build directory and call "cmake ." in there.
~ # cd $HOME/Development/seqan-trunk-build/debug
debug # cmake .
Do not try to call "cmake ." from within the seqan-trunk directory but only from your build directory.
 
I’ve update the first_app code to the ‘Hello World’ program but again not sure what to do with cmake to get the .sln file so I can run the program:

Now, we go back into the build directory and call CMake again to make it detect the added app.
C:\Users\seqan_dev\Development\seqan-trunk> cd ..\seqan-trunk-build\vs9
C:\Users\seqan_dev\Development\seqan-trunk-build\vs9> cmake .
Now, you can open the project file C:\Users\seqan_dev\Development\seqan-trunk-build\vs9\sandbox\my_sandbox\seqan_sandbox_my_sandbox.sln for your sandbox using Visual Studio. Right-click first_app in the Solution Explorer and click Set as StartUp Project. Now, start the program without debugging using Debug ▸ Start Without Debugging.
Visual Studio will now compile your program and execute it. A command line window will pop up and should display the following.
Hello World!
Hello SeqAn!
 
 
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Attachment: screen shots.docx
Description: MS-Word 2007 document