- - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Over the last few years, Knowledge Exchange has been engaged in supporting the monitoring of open access across Europe and beyond.
Following two international workshops on Open Access (OA) Monitoring, Knowledge Exchange published the report ‘Consensus on monitoring Open Access publications and cost data’ which presents recommendations made by 57 stakeholders on monitoring OA publications and OA cost data.
The report sets tangible recommendations on data, workflows, standards and policy to three stakeholders groups: academic libraries, current research information systems (CRIS), and publishers. In particular, it recommends that:
- Libraries are very specific about their requirements from publishers and use the contracts with publishers as instruments to obtain all the required data;
- Libraries collect as much data as possible and ensure the data is open (via API) and findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable;
- Libraries play a role as the centralised OA funding offices regarding payments;
- Libraries require transparency in all costs related to everything that has to do with publishing and they should not enter into non-disclosure agreements;
- Institutions should have processes that make it clear what the Total Costs of Publication (TCP) are, including APC, administrative costs, infrastructural costs and other costs like page and colour charges.]
Knowledge Exchange is engaged in continuing to promote the advancement of monitoring OA publications and OA cost data. For this reason, we would like to hear how your organisation is progressing towards monitoring OA. Knowledge Exchange would also be interested in knowing if you are interested in further engaging with other stakeholders on this topic. Your feedback is relevant to us and we would like to encourage you to send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information visit our website: http://www.knowledge-exchange.info/event/oa-monitoring
Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.
Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number 2881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: One Castle Park, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.